Post by djmatt604 on Jan 4, 2015 18:17:56 GMT
Github : github.com/BrokenOs
Google + : plus.google.com/communities/116521990967962635243
From the lead dev, InkSlinger420:
"This started as my personal project..I was looking to start something that was exactly what I wanted on my nexus 7 instead of either a rom with a bunch of features you need a search to find (not that there's anything wrong with that, just not my cup of tea), or too light where i needed a module to get it (not that there's anything wrong with that either). It is very early in, but I and my team are trying to make this a enjoyable project and keep it updated as best we can regularly. Keep it friendly, or GTFO.....Thanks guys..
Thanks to AOSP for the best base...SlimRoms for all the help...and anyone (person or team) who has helped me along the way."
BrokenPop is the Broken team's LP offering. the vast majority of the base is tracking from AOSP but there's much help from the hard working Slim team as well! Those guys kick ass. If you're looking for a clean, lean moderately themed LP offering, your search is over. More features will be built back in as we move forward but it's time to show you around the new Broken goodness.
Features in the Alpha:
- Dark Dialer
- Dark Contacts
-Visuals Menu - Quick Settings & Status Bar options
- Tweaks Menu - Ad Blocker, init.d and baked-in Kernel Tweaker
- Sound & Notifications - Vibration Tunables, Heads Up notification control
- Battery - Battery Saver, option to change status/nav bar default color in Battery Saver mode
1) TWRP 22.214.171.124 works well. I've gone back to it from Philz...always did prefer it, honestly.
2) The latest Broken 5.0 Gapps are recommended so grab them from HERE.
3) Download the rom using the links below and make sure it, the gapps and SuperSU zips are all in the same place
4) FULLY WIPE (Data, all Caches, System). The "Clean to install a new ROM" option in Philz works great.
5) Install the ROM
6) Install the Gapps
7) AS OF 1/9 BUILD SUPERSU ZIP FLASH IS NO LONGER REQUIRED. If flashing 1.0 build, you must continue to use the Chainfire zip. But...why would you wanna do that?
8) Reboot, profit
NOTE: First boot will take FOREVER and subsequent reboots will take longer than with KK. ART runtime - bad for initial boot, but TOTALLY worth the wait.
DEVHOST (NEW PRIMARY): HTC One M8 - HERE
AFH : HTC One M8 - HERE
1.1 Fixes for M8 - upstream merges to resolve issues with:
- CDMA data (hopefully, you tell me)
- That horrible sound bug that broke all sounds and made a HUGE buzzing noise after ending calls with volume over 80%
- In-call audio. It was super quiet before. There's a merge in there now that helps boost the volume.
1/9 POINT RELEASE - DARK THEMING, BAKED IN SUPERSU (no zip flash required anymore, hooray), SELINUX PERMISSIVE BY DEFAULT. It's super sexy.
Screenshots coming when time allows...
Whenever the team decides to level up. The goal is an operable ROM with excellent battery life...with the switch to LP getting the battery back to a killer state may take a bit, so be patient. Try killing Google Location Services if you're really having trouble.